Today, we present our readers with a small set of best massage chairs available in the market.
Massage chair is the need of our time. Average human lives a stressed life and feels the need for a way to relieve it. Massage chair offers a viable means to fight off stress and get renewed in order to face the new challenges that each new day brings with it.
Of course, there are cheaper solutions to the problem but they are nowhere near the full body massage chairs; because the latter are designed in such a way that your whole body receives equal treatment and also benefits from its use.
However, before we proceed to review the massage chairs that we have selected for you, we find ourselves bound to let you know why we consider them to be the right choices for you.Top 5 Best Full Body Massage Chairs Click To Tweet
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Full Body Massage Chairs
- Full Body Massage Chairs in India – A Buying Guide
- Top Full Body Massage Chairs in India – Conclusion
Our Criteria for Considering our Selection Best
- Number of features incorporated in a product (rollers, airbags, body scan, pressure, point scan, etc)
- Types of massage it delivers
- Technological enhancements
- Brand value
- Actual performance
- Customer reviews
- Durability & Price
Top 5 Best Full Body Massage Chairs
1. RoboTouch Zest Luxury Full Body Massage Chair
- Intelligent muted massage hands for different types of massage
- 10 automatic modes: Dream, health recharging, vertical care, swing, full-body stretch, neck and shoulder, waist care, lady mode, worker mode, cybraian mode
- Airbag massage: full body airbag, upper body airbag (4 airbags, E airbags in hand and lower arm), lower body airbag (12 airbags) with 3 strength options
- Wireless Bluetooth music: 3D digital audio in left and right upper armrests
- 1 year national on-site RoboTouch warranty
- Free installation and demo
RoboTouch Zest Luxury Full Body Massage Chair is an intelligent device. But it is not only intelligent, it is reasonable as well. Not all intelligent things are reasonable. Let’s make it clear where lies the intelligence and where the reasonableness in its design.
The intelligence lies in recognition of the need for muted hands and the number of airbags that are used for massaging different parts of your body. Muted hands are the wheels that move on your body in different patterns in order to deliver different types of massage for different parts of your body. These give you fine, methodical and thorough massage that would comfort and relax yourself.
When we say methodical, it involves both the muted hands and the airbags, and also various levels of intensity. Herein we see the reasonableness of the design. Different body types require different intensity levels. If you are past your prime or a woman, what you need is moderation of treatment, not intensity.
Or it may be that you are facing some or the other fitness issue. If that is the case, then you need fine-tuning, not rigorous treatment, in order to gradually develop resilience in your body. As per your situation, you can also use it for partial massage in areas like neck, upper back, lumbar region, etc.
It is good that you have the option to customize setting. If you are not comfortable with it, you have 10 automatic modes at your disposal for different types of massage. These include Dream, health recharging, vertical care, swing, full-body stretch, neck and shoulder, waist care, lady mode, worker mode, cybraian mode. If you have moved to the next level of smart living, there is a voice command for you. You have your desire at your beck and call with it.
One very insightful feature is to include 3D digital audio. It perfectly complements the massage in order to give you mental relaxation.
Taking all things into consideration, RoboTouch Zest Luxury Full Body Massage Chair is a perfect treat for your entire body.Check Sale Price
2. RoboTouch Maxima Luxury Full body Zero Gravity Massage Chair (Rose Red)
- Four wheel-driven muted intelligent massage hands
- Shiatsu, flapping, knocking, simultaneous kneading and flapping massage
- Shoulder automatic detection and location
- Auto massage function
- Ache-improving comfort
- Six kinds of automatic set with memory set on function M1 and M2
- Manual massage for upper body with three options, fixed, partial and overall massage; five levels of speed adjustable in the state of flapping, shiatsu and knocking; the two kneading balls which are adjustable with three levels
- 1 year national on-site RoboTouch warranty
- Free installation and demo
RoboTouch Maxima Luxury Full body Zero Gravity Massage Chair creates space inside your own house. It’s Zero Gravity…But posture is an altogether different thing, and how it aligns your feet with your heart is quite another. It makes you feel quite light and free from stress.
It brings you a host of extremely useful features – all easily accessible through compactly designed LCD control panel.
The varied vertical operations (including flapping, knocking, kneading, shiatsu, etc) of the four-wheel muted hands, as they travel along both the S and the L track with the speed of your choice, show unfailing efficacy in relieving all the muscles that lie in their track.
The shoulder automatic detection and location is there for persons of different statures. This function will effectively locate their shoulders to facilitate the workings of the muted hands.
Apart from the muted hands, there are as many as 26 airbags for waist, hips, thighs, legs and arms. Their combined effect produces all types of massage, and boosts blood circulation and muscle relaxation.
The inbuilt carbon fibre infrared heating therapy and accupoint massage effectively serve therapeutic function. With these in place, you not only get relief from problems like backache but also from headache, toothache, stiff neck and shoulder pain. The accupoint treatment benefits no less the vital organs like heart, liver and kidneys.
And, if you aren’t sure about which mode to use, you can always trust the Auto function. There are also five modes and two memory functions. The latter enables you to save the program that suits you most in memory so that you can use it the next time right from there.
Certainly, RoboTouch Maxima Luxury is the best mid-range massage chair that will get you with its design and a host of useful features.Check Sale Price
3. CAREFIT Premium Luxury India’s Latest Full Body Massage Chair
- 4D Technology Automatic Body Scan and adjustable rollers
- Multiple Air Bags in all parts of the chair
- Super Long SL Track Massage 1450mm
- Zero gravity heavy duty chair
- Bluetooth music
- Intensity control
CAREFIT Premium Luxury Full Body Massage Chair promotes itself with automatic body scan technology that adjusts itself to different body types. This feature is by no means common in all massage chairs. The products lacking in this respect may not adequately deal with all body types equally well.
The adjustable rollers follow 4D pattern and SL track. The track they follow is quite long and runs up to 1450mm. All you got to decide is whether you want light or deep massage.
The airbags are strategically located to thoroughly treat the pressure points of the body. When they work, you get thorough massaging on your extremities and hips. Even the soles of your feet receive their due treatment and care.
And, it is a Zero Gravity chair. It is the posture that best reduces the body strain. It has proven efficacy for people who have problems with their back.
Finally, it is one of the cheapest products available in the market.Check Sale Price
4. KosmoCare Shiatsu Massage chair for Stress Relief
- 6 massage modes: knocking, kneading, tapping, shiatsu, air pressure, heating and massaging on neck, back, waist and hips
- Pressure point detection scan
- Manual massage functions to control your own massage or choose from pre-set auto modes
- Air bag with heat therapy: 35 bags in all
- Control panel that features wide angle VFD display, active flip cover, intelligent sound and light navigation system
- Recliner with adjustable backrest & extendable footrest with electric actuator
- S-shaped back rail
- 4 roller body massager
KosmoCare Shiatsu Massage chair brings you all that is considered best in massage chairs.
The use of rollers and airbags for varying levels of massage, S-Track motion, etc are the features it commonly shares with others. Add to these the pressure point detection scan, 6 modes, including knocking, kneading, tapping, shiatsu, air pressure, heating and massaging on neck, back, waist and hips, and Manual massage function, and it covers your entire body with a massage type of your choice.
It is absolutely comfortable to use with adjustable backrest and extendable footrest featuring electric actuator.
As for its control panel, it is easy to use with its wide angle VFD display that offers remarkable ease of navigation.
And, just like any other massage chair that is reviewed here, you don’t miss out music for relaxation in this product as well.Check Sale Price
5. Lixo Massage Chair – LI4001 for Stress Relief
- Ultrathin massage mechanism
- Tapping, kneading, shiatsu and synchronize massage
- SL long massage track 125cm from neck to butts
- Zero gravity recline with auto massage function
- Revolution in the massage chair with latest technology for body pain relief
- Dual-use leg-rest. The footrest can be folded 90 degree manually for calf massage
- Automatically alternating massage for upper body through rollers that work with different levels of rigor, styles and frequency
- Detachable headrest
- 2-year on-site doorstep warranty (1 year on-site warranty + 1 year on-site extended free warranty). Highest warranty in the industry ever
Lixo Massage Chair – LI4001, Deluxe Zero Gravity looks great, and offers all the necessary functions that you may need. The reason why it is the perfect solution for full body massage is that it doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket in the way that many other quality products do.
It is by no means innovative but rather practically traditional. That is the secret behind its success. Its headrest is customizable and the controls are rendered absolutely easy by placing them on the hand-rest. The control panel is not too complicated either.
And, though we can never overlook the Zero Gravity feature due to a number of advantages it offers, for this product we would like to underscore the increased comfort level that is introduced through Incline and Recline functions. The Auto mode presets everything – all technicalities involved in massaging.
The chair has a long SL track that spans 125cm from your neck to butts, and its design takes into consideration the need for treatment of specific areas of your body. We are not going to talk about the types of massaging techniques used in it. It suffices to say that it includes all such techniques that we know about. Rather we’d like to focus on the scrapping massage that is featured specifically for the soles of your feet and the facility of manually folding the footrest to 90˚ for effectively treating your calves.
All these features adequately treat your neck, shoulders, back, butts, hips, legs…right to the soles of your feet. It provides an automatic alternate type of massage for upper body at varying level of intensity. That, in fact, is a very good feature to have.
Finally, the product comes with the highest warranty in the industry ever. That’s a token of how durable it is.Check Sale Price
Full Body Massage Chairs in India – A Buying Guide
The use of massage chairs in India is quite limited due to the heavy price that is set on them. Even the cheaper products cost around Rs.100, 000/-. It means only the moneyed class can afford it.
Nevertheless this device does have a future here. According to one estimate, India is all set to become $4.6 trillion economy by 2024. There is emerging a class of handsomely earning skilled professionals in all areas. Therefore, the world is eyeing the growth of purchasing power of Indian people with keen interest.
But, the purchasing power is not the only factor that can influence increased use of massage chairs. Another big reason is that the intelligentsia is also becoming health-conscious. They see how important it is to balance material progress with good health. They are also well-informed about the availability of means at their disposal. They know about the gadgets available to them for exercising their bodies and those for relaxing the same.
Considering the fact that massage is something that can be done manually, and that the DIY massage is also cost-free, it should appear to be the best solution. But, practically, it is not. This is because you may not know the massaging techniques that you actually need. Moreover, most people tend to grow negligent about it. They don’t like to work for getting relaxation.
Going to a massage parlor could be another option but in the long run it is sure to cost you more than a massage chair. And it not just cost you money but also your invaluable time that is worth spent with your family and friends. Even if you are willing to sacrifice your time for the purpose, you need to take more into consideration than just convenient going and coming.
Nowadays everywhere massage parlors are coming up and their practices have acquired notoriety. Therefore, selecting a massage parlor requires certain amount of care. You can spare yourself from all this bother for good if you choose a massage chair for home use. Though you have to pay dearly for it once, it is worth it. The concept of a massage chair has already undergone considerable sophistication, bringing you a wide variety of choices.
Why Use a Massage Chair
People use massage chair for several reasons – most of which have to do with health.
- It is a proven fact that massage helps relax our muscles and improves blood circulation. This device aims to achieve these results without human touch. What you have instead of human hands is the mechanical muted hands and airbags. But these are capable of working wonders for people suffering from diseases like backache, stiff neck, varicosis, etc. Commonly, such problems are found in computer professionals and others who have to sit at their desk for long hours day in and day out. In a worst case scenario for people suffering from backache, stiff neck and knee problem, they may come to suffer from repetitive stress injury (RSI) if they don’t pay heed to it. We all know how much it costs to treat it. A massage chair would comparatively cost them less. It is good you look out for the term ‘Shiatsu’ while buying one.
- Using it on daily basis increases the lymphocyte counts that help boost your immunity.
- Improves the quality of sleep through delta waves. These are responsible for good sleep that we see kids enjoying so well. Mantle F. Sleepless and unsettled. Nurs Times. 1996;92:46–49. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Realigns and decompresses the spinal cord.
- Helps mental health by relieving stress. When stress goes, it takes away several problems associated with it. The reason why it helps in these respects is that it keeps hormonal secretion under control. For instance, cortisol is responsible for stress. On the other hand, dopamine, serotonin, endorphins, etc are responsible for keeping you in good mood, happy and stress-free.
- No less important for brain is the supply of oxygen. If you use massage chair regularly, it certainly helps boost oxygen level which is vital for brain cells functioning.
- Finally, it improves your digestive system.
Types of Massage Chair & Techniques That Answer the Purpose of Their Design
There are many types of massage chairs out there; some for full body and some for particular areas. But since our main interest lies in the full body massage chair, we would focus specifically on it. The reason why the full body massage chair is good for all is that it can be used to treat your body in parts.
For instance, if your profession gives you sedentary lifestyle, you are sure to have problems with your lower back and neck. A full body massage chair gives you the option to treat these areas only.
Here is a list of the types of massage chair available to you in India:
- Air massage
- Roller massage
- Zero gravity
- Vibration massage
- Kahuna &
- Body scan technology
What sets these chairs apart is the technique that is employed in them for massage. Different techniques invariably mean the use of different constituent elements. Having said that, it must be added that certain features are quite common among these devices and they will remain so until some new technological development replace them.
Among these features, we can certainly include the use of rollers and airbags. Minor changes may be introduced to enhance their efficacy. For instance, the rollers used in these devices may be 2D, 3D or 4D depending upon the movement in that many dimensions in order to diversify massaging operation. In many devices the rollers are heated.
Generally, these rollers move vertically from the neck downward – and up again. They follow the contours of human body. In technical terms the tracks they follow are called S-track and L-track. The latter is better than the former in that it does not end at the lower back but go on to treat the bottom and hamstrings as well.
Computer professionals and others whose occupation forces them to spend long hours sitting and working on chairs, know how seriously the circulation of blood is impaired in the lower body. For them, the L-track rolling is best. There is also the straight track but it is not as good as the two we already named.
As for the airbags, they are used to inflate and deflate in order to emulate the effect that is achieved when our muscles are manually compressed and released. It is called squeezing, kneading and pressing. In order to make it intense, some devices use them to press muscles against rollers.
The third technique that we see in massage chairs is using vibration plates for massaging particular regions. The vibration produced by them relaxes stiff muscles and is good for spinal alignment. Considering the fact that many other products featuring vibration plates are reportedly increasing bone density and thereby strengthening the bones, we can fairly assume that in the long run it would certainly help the bones of your back.
Still there are some devices that do something more than tapping, kneading, shiatsu and whole lot of things that we have been talking about. They also pull you – gently. They call it inversion therapy.
As we referred to different types of massage, it would avail you to know that it is absolutely not necessary you know a thing about them. Better try them out with the help of a number of programs that are offered both as preset and customized. Just try them out one by one and you’ll know which the one for you is.
However, you know your body better than others. Therefore, you also know which part of it needs to be worked upon more. There are programs that are designed to work on specific body parts instead of the whole body.
As we are talking about partial and full body massage here, a word of warning is required regarding who can and who cannot use this device. The very first instance in which the use of it is to be avoided is to be found in pregnant women. All they require is prenatal massage. Also useful in this respect is the knowledge of massage points.
The other instance is provided by those who are having pace-maker. The function of pace-maker is severely hampered due to the magnet that is used in some of the chairs. We can never say how dangerous it is for them. All that needs to be said is that they must avoid using massage chair. For that matter, no heart patient should use it. Massage chairs are meant for healthy people…to keep them healthy.
The knowledge of different types of massage is good to have because they are meant for different purposes. That is the reason why in the product descriptions of many devices you find specific mention being made of terms like Shiatsu, Kahuna, Swedish, etc.
Another important feature that you do well to look for is the body scan technology. It helps the chair to scan the body type and make all the necessary changes that are to be made for rendering massage effective.
At the very outset, we made it clear that full body massage chairs are costly devices. The cheapest among the products that we have reviewed for you here, the Lixo massage chair, is priced at Rs.96, 000/- on Amazon. But if you consider the long term benefits – both in terms of its usefulness for your health and cost, you will have to own that you are making and investment in it. Indeed, that is the only way you should look at it.
Even the least innovative massage chair is endowed with a host of computerized programs, designs that reflect their diverse uses for the body, and quality materials that are used in them. You are charged exactly for these.
Top Full Body Massage Chairs in India – Conclusion
That we haven’t picked up too many products for our review can be explained by the fact that there aren’t too many offerings in this segment; and most brands, competing with each other for this market, are trying to win more customers by fulfilling their demands in the best way possible in their way. Our selection is based on how our professionals have segmented this market and which product serves best in its category. The buying guide not only informs you about massage chairs in a sort of non-technical way, it also gives away in some detail why we have chosen the products that we have.
Last update on 2021-09-19 / Images from Amazon