A juicing machine or juicer is an appliance that is used to extract juices from fruits and vegetables. These units are equipped with different features which enables them to crush and squeeze the produce to extract the juice. Fruit and vegetable juices are very nutritious and having a juicer will allow you to prepare your favorite juices any time you want.
There are different types of juicer and knowing how each type works will be an important step when searching for the best juicer. In this article, we shall look at the differences between a centrifugal juicer and a cold press juicer.Which Juicer is the Best - Centrifugal Juicer or Cold Press Juicer Click To Tweet
Table of Contents
Centrifugal juicers normally use a spinning metal blade which rotates at a very high speed when cutting ingredients. It comes with different containers for the juice and another one for pulp. Some of the features you will find in a centrifugal juicer are;
- User-friendly – One of the major benefits of centrifugal juicers is that they are time saving appliances since they extract the juice at fast speed. They have a wide mouth and sturdy blades which enables the unit to extract juices more conveniently.
- Popular – As compared to other juicers, centrifugal juicer are the most popular due to their low price. They are also suitable for juicing vegetables and fruits which means that you can use them to prepare your favorite juices.
- Price – In terms of price, centrifugal juicers are the cheapest. This means that even for those who are on a budget, they can still find a good juicer in their budget.
- Noisy– Due to the fast spinning blades, these units are very noisy which is one of their major disadvantage. They are also driven by a powerful motor which causes noise and vibrations. This also means that they generate a lot of heat.
- Time saving
- Easy to clean since they have fewer parts
- They are easy to assemble
- Compact design
- Extract less juice as compared to cold press juicer
- Causes oxidation of juice
Who should buy a centrifugal juicer?
A centrifugal juicer will be a suitable option for those who are searching for a juicer but they are not ready to spend a lot of money. These juices are the cheapest on the market but they are not the best if you want a machine that will give you the best juice. Again, centrifugal juicers are very fast which means that they are able to provide juices almost instantly.
Cold Press Juicers
These ones are also known as slow juicers because they are very slow when extracting juices. Unlike the centrifugal juicers, these ones use gears or slow-turning gears to crush vegetables and fruits against a screen even before they press them to extract the juice. Due to their slow performance, they provide quality juices with less foam. Their features include;
- Performance – If you are searching for the best juicer in 2021, cold press juicers provides an incredible performance as compared to the centrifugal juicers. They are also more versatile than the centrifugal juicers because you can use then to juice a wide variety of produce. Again, some models can also be used for making baby foods and grinding coffee.
- High yield – Another benefit of these units is that they produce quality juices with the highest yield. This means that they are able to extract more juice contents than the centrifugal juicers.
- Slow – When using a cold press juicer, you need to be very patient because these appliances are very slow. A centrifugal juicer can give you juices 3 times faster than the cold press juicers. Remember that you also need to cut the ingredients into smaller pieces before you place them on the juicer to prevent clogging.
- Quiet performance – These units are very quiet when extracting juices from fruits and vegetables. As a result, they are the best for those who prefer silent juicing operations or families with very young children. Again, they produce less heat due to their slow performance. This also results in production of hogh quality juice with high concentration of nutrients.
Types of cold press juicers
Cold press juicers are available in two types which are ;
- Horizontal masticating juicers
Horizontal juicers are very advanced and some of them come with extra features for preparing nut butter, making pasta noodles and mincing. They are also able to extract juices from leafy greens.
- Vertical masticating juicers
The most notable thing about these juicers is that they have a compact design which means that they are suitable even for small kitchens. They also feature a cap that enables you to mix juices in the juicing chamber. Most of them have a self-cleaning feature that makes them easy to clean.
- Provides juices with high levels of nutrients
- Minimal oxidation
- Able to extract juices even from hard ingredients or green leaves
- Their juice have a longer shelf life
- Very versatile
- Not easy to assemble
Who should buy a cold press juicer?
Cold press juicers provide the best quality of juice since they are able to squeeze all the juice from fruits and veggies. They are also versatile since you can use them for other purposes like making homemade nut milk, baby foods among others. If you are juicing due to health conditions, cold press juicers are the best because they provide juices which are very rich in nutrients.
Fruits and vegetables provide the best nutrients to our bodies as compared to other types of foods. This means that you have to take them regularly if you really care about your health. The best way to consume them is through juicing because you can combine different varieties to enhance their taste and also to maximize their health benefits. Therefore, a juicer is one of the most important appliances you must have in your home.
If you have been planning to invest in the best juicer, cold press juicers are the best. However, they are a bit expensive which means that centrifugal juicers are the best for budget.
- Time 2021 With Top 10 Best Watches For Men in India - December 23, 2020
- Top 10 Best Hand Blenders For Indian Kitchens in 2021 - December 7, 2020
- Top 8 Best Printers in India For Home & Offices 2021 - November 2, 2020