Headphones are among the most popular audio devices you will ever find due to their compact design and excellent sound quality. They are also stylish, durable and comfortable to wear.
When searching for the best headphones, you will come across various types of headphones which means that you need to understand how each type works. In ear, over ear and on-ear headphones are the most common types of headphones and each type has its pros and cons.
In this article, we shall look at their differences, benefits and disadvantages to make your work easier when determining the best.”In Click To Tweet
Over Ear Headphones
If you are searching for the best headphones, over-ear headphones provide unmatched quality. Unlike other types of headphones, these ones are designed to cover your ears completely which means that they are very large. Due to this design, they have excellent noise canceling capabilities. Another benefit of these units is that they have a wide variety of drivers and this means that they provide the largest range of frequencies. They will give you all sorts of sounds from low bass to high notes. If you are a true music fan or an audio expert, over-ear headphones will be the best choice.
What are the benefits of over-ear headphones?
- Design- One of the major selling points of over-ear headphones is that they are more stylish than other types of headphones. You will find that they are made of top quality materials which gives them an amazing look.
- Comfort- Another benefit of these units is that they are very comfortable due to their large size. Again, they are well padded which means that you can use them for long hours without any discomfort.
- Noise canceling- These headphones also provides excellent noise cancelling capabilities since they cover your ears completely. As a result, you can use them even in noisy environments.
What are the disadvantages of over ear headphones?
- Bulky – As compared to other types of headphones, over ear headphones are the heaviest. They have a large since which means that they are not very comfortable to carry.
- Expensive- If you are on a budget, over ear headphones may not be the best due to their expensive price.
In Ear Headphones
In ear headphones are also known as earbuds. They come with small earbuds tips which are placed inside the ear canal. They are available in different versions whereby some are wired while others are wireless. If you love listening to music as you engage in different sports activities or workouts, in ear headphones are the best due to their small size. They also fit in the ear perfectly without falling off. Almost all smartphones comes with these types of headphones.
What are the benefits of in-ear headphones?
- Affordable price- As compared to other types of headphones, in-ear headphones are the cheapest. However, their sound quality is not the best and this is among the reasons why they are cheaper than the rest.
- Lightweight- Another benefit of these units is that they are highly portable due to their small size. They can also fit easily in your bag, pockets or in your hands.
- Comfortable- Since these units are not very loud, you can use them for many hours without any problems.
What are the disadvantages of In-ear headphones?
- Poor sound quality- The major disadvantage of in-ear headphones is that they have a poor sound quality as compared to others.
These ones look like the over-ear headphones but they are smaller. Unlike the over-ear headphones which covers your ears completely, these ones do not. This means that they do not prevent background noise. As a result, you can engage in conversations with your friends as you listen to music. Most of them have a foldable design which also means that they are easy to carry.
What are the benefits of on-ear headphones?
- Great sound quality- In terms of sound quality, these units are better than the in-ear headphones. However, over-ear headphones provide the best sound quality. You will also find that some models are able to provide deep base and noise cancelling capabilities.
- Compact- Another benefit of using on-ear headphones is that they are easy to carry due to their compact design. Most of them have a foldable design that enhances portability.
What are the disadvantages of on-ear headphones?
- Not the best for working out- Even if these headphones have a compact design, they are not suitable when you are working out. Since they do not fit perfectly on your ears, they are likely to fall off when you are doing vigorous exercises.
- Uncomfortable- Again, these units are very uncomfortable especially when you are using them for many hours. Since they do not cover your ears fully, they apply some pressure to the ears which causes discomfort. However, premium models are well padded to prevent discomfort.
Headphones are among the most popular audio devices due to their compact design. However, you need to know how each type of headphones works to make your work easier when buying. If you are searching for the best headphone with excellent sound quality, over-ear headphones are unbeatable when it comes to performance. They are also stylish, long lasting and comfortable since they have a thick padding. However, they are a bit heavy which means that they are not the best for those searching for portable options.
On ear headphones may be the best for those searching for lightweight units but they are a bit uncomfortable since they put some pressure on your ears. Again, they are not effective in preventing background noise. However, their sound quality is better as compared to the in ear headphones. They are also cheaper than the over ear headphones.
If you have been searching for the most affordable and lightweight headphones, in ear headphones are the best. You can also use them when doing various exercises since they fit perfectly inside the ear canal.
- Top 10 Best Laptops in India (2021) - February 23, 2021
- Time 2021 With Top 10 Best Watches For Men in India - December 23, 2020
- Top 10 Best Hand Blenders For Indian Kitchens in 2021 - December 7, 2020