Sony Smart LED TVs are priced to underline the worth of the company’s vision driven by technology, content and services. The brand has nurtured a culture that would not compromise with quality no matter which market segment it caters to. The business acumen working behind the entire gamut of its operations, has something to offer to each of them.Sony LED TV Price | Sony Smart TV Price of Bestsellers Click To Tweet
Table of Contents
- Sony LED TV Price & Best Sellers
- What We Like About Sony LED TV
- What We Don’t Like About the Sony LED TV
- Service Quality / After Sale Support of Sony LED TV
- Sony LED Customer Reviews
- Final Verdict
Sony LED TV Price & Best Sellers
What We Like About Sony LED TV
Since we are dealing exclusively with smart televisions, we’ll limit our assessment to Sony’s smart TVs. And we are going to focus on the size and the price that is attached to it. This does not mean that Sony TVs are priced for their size. No! The point we want to make is that Sony smart TVs come in various sizes. So far Indian markets have known 32”, 43”, 49”, 50”, 55”, 65”, 75” and 85”.
Each of the television size described here is marked by a number of different models having different prices attached to them. And their price varies in keeping with different technological enhancements featured in them.
32 Inch Sony LED TV
For instance, we can find as many as five different models having 32 inch size on Amazon and each has its own price. If we go through the product specifications, we cannot fail to notice that each of the models falling in this category has something new in it. Of course, they are bound to share a common ground to a certain extent but that does not take out from their individual merits.
For instance, the lowest priced edition has
- Android platform that enables you to put the Internet connectivity to best use
- 1366×768 resolution
- Clear Resolution Enhancer technology to bring out fine textures and details of images, including their brightness
- Standard 50 Hz refresh rate
- 20W sound that features Clear Phase technology for clear and natural sound
- X-Protection Pro that secures the TV against incidents such as lightning and short circuit
- Smart Plug and Play
- FM Radio
Switch on to the edition that is priced little higher and you have the same resolution but with the following difference…
- X Reality Pro picture engine instead of Clear Resolution Enhancer. It thoroughly processes each and every pixel and upscales them based on the rich database of images that define quality of picture as a reference point. It produces refined and noise-free images
- ClearAudio+ surround sound
- 30W sound output with built-in woofer for deep bass &
- HDR that offers higher contrast ratio and striking color effect
Another model in the same category comes at even higher price. It differs from low-priced products in these respects…
- 1920×1080 resolution
- Dynamic Drive Speaker which are featured in 43” and 50” TVs
Anoter model comes with Motion Flow XR that identifies it from other TVs in the same category. Motion Flow XR is an interesting innovation since it analyzes salient aspects of successive frames and calculates the split second of missing action in the sequence and then adds extra frames in the original ones. It remarkably improves pictures in fast motion scenes.
43 Inch Sony LED TV
Just as the 32” category introduces certain very useful technological innovations, the 43” TVs introduce…
- 4K X-Reality Pro that comes with unique 4K database. It takes the picture one level up from X Reality Pro
- 4K UHD 3840×2160 resolution. However, the low priced editions in the same category feature 1920×1080 resolution and Clear Resolution Enhancer instead of X Reality Pro
- TRILUMINOUS display which is a unique contribution of Sony in service of rich display. It has a wide range of colors and more natural shades and hues. It brings out the skin colors wonderfully well not only because of the range of colors but also exact and subtle nuances
- Motion Flow XR for smooth and sharp images in fast motion
- S-Force Front Surround, in addition to ClearAudio+, Clear Phase and Dolby, for rich, hi-fi audio across a wide listening area
- Notify Bravia: This is a real good feature that you can avail yourself of through Notify Bravia app which you can download from Google Play. You use it to enable your TV to keep you informed about call notifications, text messages, social apps, etc on the TV while you are watching the TV. At times it may prove extremely useful
- TV Music Box: A music sharing app intended for collective joy of listening music which can be shared from several smartphones connected over same network. It can also be used to create a collaborative playlist so that multiple users can benefit from it
49 Inch Sony LED TV
Similarly, the 49” TVs introduce…
- Support for Apple AirPlay/Apple Home Kit for streaming purposes. Using it you can stream a great variety of content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computers. Not too many Android televisions support Apple interfaces
- Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos as audio-visual enhancements
- CalMAN Ready by SpectraCal: This is an auto-calibration software from SpectraCal and it is used to address any shortcomings that might have remained after the picture is through with the production phase. As the term ‘calibration’ clearly suggests, it brings you the level of color representation/reproduction that you expect from the labors of professionals who are involved in visual creations
55 Inch Sony LED TV
Moving up the ladder, the 55” TVs bring in for their users…
- 4K HDR Processor X1 Ultimate: This picture processor is Sony’s very own innovation which makes use of more advanced algorithms than we find in 4K X Reality PRO. The more advanced algorithms mean better reduction of noise and increment of detail. It works in tandem with 4K X Reality PRO for sharp, clear and realistic picture effect. The reason why it is called Ultimate is that it works on each and every object that figures on the screen to lend precision to their details through enhancement of their colors and brightness levels
- Sound-From-Picture-Reality: It features Acoustic Multi-Audio, locating two sound positioning tweeters at the back of the TV. These, together with the bass reflex speakers, produce incredible impact on the viewers when accompany the action taking place on the screen
- Full Array LED with Local Dimming: This is a truly interesting feature that lends the LED panel a unique capacity to control a complete array of LED locally, producing light where it is needed and dimming it where it is not. It is far more efficient than frame or edge-lit dimming in increasing the color contrast and brings out fine details in the images
- X-tended Dynamic Range PRO: It’s a backlighting algorithm that features greater range of brightness than can be expected from the usual LED panels. The result is amazingly detailed brilliance where the image is bright and perfect deep black where it is dark. It also makes color effect vibrant
- X-Motion Clarity: It prevents images from getting blurred in high speed scenes
65 Inch Sony LED TV
The 65” TV brings with it…
- X-balanced speaker along with bass reflex speaker. What it does is surround you with sound that is sourced from different dimensions
- Ultimate picture quality that is derived from
- OLED display that features 8 million pixels which are self-illuminated
- TRILUMINOUS display
- 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme which works in a different way from X1 Ultimate in that it processes images frame by frame. The X1 Ultimate works on objects that constitute images in order to make them stand out in each and every frame
- X Reality Pro
- Dolby Vision &
- Motionflow XR
- Acoustic Surface Audio Technology: This is a truly revolutionary audio technology. It puts two actuators behind the TV along with subwoofer. When these actuators produce sound, it literally vibrates the screen and conveys itself straight from the screen. The effect is strangely remarkable because the sound literally follows the motion that stirs the image you are watching
75 & 85 Inch Sony LED TV
Having gone through the specifications of Sony 75” and 85” TVs, we found that they do not introduce anything new; rather they bring in one piece all the best that previous Sony high-end televisions offer with the difference that they have large screens.
What We Don’t Like About the Sony LED TV
It’s the price…Sony wouldn’t try to make the price and quality meet the half way. The quality must drive the price. Not all can afford it.
Service Quality / After Sale Support of Sony LED TV
On the whole, Sony’s installation and after sale support is satisfactory and the buyers don’t have too many complaints about them. After all, the brand that takes so much care for its product quality is not supposed to stint on its efforts to take a little step further to fully satisfy its customers in this regard.
Sony LED Customer Reviews
More praise, less complaints. This is the impression they give.
Sony is the best-selling brand. You have it if you are willing to pay the price it sets on its products.
Last update on 2021-01-19 / Images from Amazon